- CORONA UPDATE SYLHET DIVISION 18.09.21 : TEST 604 IDENTIFIED 31 PERCENT RATE 05.13 DEATH 2 RECOVERY 138
- CORONA UPDATE SYLHET DIVISION 17.09.21 : TEST 789 IDENTIFIED 38 PERCENT RATE 04.82 DEATH 3 RECOVERY 186
- CORONA UPDATE SYLHET DIVISION 16.09.21 : TEST 845 IDENTIFIED 47 PERCENT RATE 05.56 DEATH 0 RECOVERY 160
- CORONA UPDATE SYLHET DIVISION 15.09.21 : TEST 874 IDENTIFIED 43 PERCENT RATE 04.92 DEATH 05 RECOVERY 257
- CORONA UPDATE SYLHET DIVISION 14.09.21 : TEST 1053 IDENTIFIED 53 PERCENT RATE 05.03 DEATH 02 RECOVERY 153
Fact-Checking and Verification Techniques on Health-Journalism
Published: 19. Aug. 2021 | Thursday
Bangladesh NGO’s Network for Radio and Communication (BNNRC) organized a three-day-long workshop (ToT) at YWCA Training Room in Dhaka on Fact-Checking and Verification Techniques on Health Journalism for an in-depth reporting on important and complex health issues to enhance the professional skills of journalists with the support of The Asia Foundation.
The purpose of the workshop is to enhance the capacity of journalists working in creating and publishing objective, insightful and influential news on health management; Encourage journalists to acquire knowledge and skills in modern techniques (infographics, data analysis, data visualization) in data verification and presentation in creating neutral and balanced health reports. A total of 25 journalists from national dailies, online news portals, and television channels participated in the workshop.
AHM Bazlur Rahman, CEO, BNNRC welcomed the participants and highlighted the objective of the workshop. The moderators of the three-day workshop are Ruhul Amin Rushd, Senior News Editor, Banglavision; Shishir Moral, Special Correspondent, Daily Prothom Alo; Toufiq Maruf, Deputy Chief Reporter, Kalerkantho, Zannatul Bakiya Keka, Special Correspondent, Channel I; Minhaz Uddin, Assistant Professor, Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, Jagannath University and Mohammad Mahbub Alam, Senior Graphics Artist, Dhaka Tribune.
BNNRC is in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) accredited with World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), SDGs Media Compact of the United Nations and UN WSIS prize winner 2016, Champion 2017, 2019, 2020 and 2021. BNNRC’ approach to media development is both knowledge-driven and context-sensitive, and it takes into account the challenges and opportunities created by the rapidly changing media environment in the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.