- CORONA UPDATE SYLHET DIVISION 24.10.21 : TEST 850 IDENTIFIED 9 PERCENT RATE 1.06 DEATH 0 RECOVERY 47
- VETERAN AWAMI LEAGUE LEADER FROM SYLHET ADVOCATE SYED ABU NASAR DIED AT 9:30 PM ON SATURDAY
- CORONA UPDATE SYLHET DIVISION 23.10.21 : TEST 758 IDENTIFIED 7 PERCENT RATE 0.92 DEATH 1 RECOVERY 26
- CORONA UPDATE SYLHET DIVISION 22.10.21 : TEST 794 IDENTIFIED 8 PERCENT RATE 1.01 DEATH 0 RECOVERY 29
- CORONA UPDATE SYLHET DIVISION 17.10.21 : TEST 795 IDENTIFIED 6 PERCENT RATE 0.75 DEATH 0 RECOVERY 19
BNNRC Granted observer status to the United Nations
Published: 12. Oct. 2021 | Tuesday
Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication-BNNRC has been officially granted observer status to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change-UNFCCC.
This new status will enable the BNNRC to engage more substantially with the climate negotiation processes and strengthen its efforts in raising visibility for community media within the climate debate.
Climate change has been a pivotal issue for the BNNRC intervention, as manifested through the launch of many multi-stakeholder dialogues and program through Community Radio Broadcasting in the context of resilience and adaptation to climate variability and change.
BNNRC has recognized as the Champions of the prestigious UN World Summit on the Information Society-WSIS Prizes contest 2019 in the area of the Climate justice and resilience through Community Radio at coastal areas of the Bay of Bengal in Bangladesh, Supported by the COAST Foundation, Bangladesh.
In addition, the BNNRC, has joined the Paris Committee on Capacity-building-PCCB and The Nairobi work program: The UNFCCC Knowledge-to-Action Hub for Climate Adaptation and Resilience of UNFCCC as a member organization from Bangladesh.