- RAB-9 RECOVERED 30 HIGH EXPLOSIVE POWER GEL 30 ELECTRIC DETONATOR FROM JAINTIAPUR AND ARRESTS 2 PERSONS WITH 2 MOBILE PHONE
- VERDICT OF 4 CHILDREN MURDER CASE IN BAHUBOL UPOZILA UNDER HABIGANJ DISTRICT TOMORROW
- ALL EDUCATION BOARDS PUBLISHED HSC RESULT
- CUSTOMS SEIZED 3.5 KG GOLD AT OSMANI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT FROM A FIGHT OF BANGLADESH BIMAN
- SYLHET DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION CANCELLED THE DECLARATION OF THE SYLHETER DAK OWNED BY RAGIB ALI
VISIT OF INDIAN NAVAL SHIP TO CHITTAGONG
Published: 25. Jul. 2017 | Tuesday
As part of ongoing bilateral Naval exchanges between Indian and Bangladesh Navies, ‘INS RANVIR’ arrived at Chittagong port on Sunday for a goodwill visit.
‘RANVIR’ meaning ‘the Hero of Battle’, is a frontline missile destroyer ship of the Indian Navy. The ship was commissioned in 1986 and has undergone a midlife upgrade in Jan 2008. It has participated in a large number of operational deployments, joint exercises with other Navies and goodwill visits to many foreign countries.
During this visit, Indian Naval personnel will interact with their counterparts from the Bangladesh Navy as also call on various dignitaries at the Chittagong Naval base. In addition to joint training activities, friendly sports matches and cultural visits would also be conducted. Officers and sailors from Bangladesh Navy will also visit INS Ranvir. A passage exercise with be undertaken with Bangladesh Navy ships when INS Ranvir sails out from Chittagong on Thursday.
Such goodwill visits are a reflection of growing bilateral maritime cooperation between both the Navies. It provides an opportunity to professionals from both sides to interact and exchange best practices being followed in respective Navies.